Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Thank God for the Rain

Yesterday I went home with a heavy heart.

I don’t know if it’s me or if it’s the hormones speaking, but I’m sad. It’s as if I want to wail and drown myself in tears. As I walk outside the office I whispered a silent prayer. I prayed to our Lord to take the pain and worries away and make me bright and shiny again.

I’m not in the mood to talk, not in the mood to smile. I was walking with my head down because I don’t want the people to see the sadness in my eyes. Still with my head down I’ve finally reached the exit. And what a surprise! I felt little tiny drops of water on my cheeks. It’s raining!

It’s amazing how the Lord works in little details of my life. Rain! I’m happy when it rains. At that moment I know God have heard me. It made me realize the little things I should be thankful for. The little things that could make me happy, like the rain. Thank you Lord for the rain.

I’ve been praying for a lot of things but the answers still haven’t come. Yet as I gaze at the little wonders the Lord has been working in my life my heart is moved to keep on going.

Because He is a faithful God

A God who is able to do immeasurably more than I ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20)

And believe that despite the waiting and struggles, He has reserved something beautiful for me.

Lord, waiting is hard, especially when there’s nothing that tells me that what I’m praying for is ever going to come. But You are a faithful God. And nothing I feel or do can ever change your goodness and love for me. I continue to wait upon You…and hope for the best that YOU have reserved for me. Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment