Wednesday, September 8, 2010

May Lisensya Ka Ba?


I was wearing my stilettos (or preferably called high-high heels by yours truly) to office yesterday and boy I feel tall and I feel good. They say wearing high heels adds up to your confidence and improves your posture. As for me, hmmm…true, I feel extra sexy and confident yesterday. I feel like a supermodel strutting her stuff down the runway (quite an exaggeration though. Eh bakit ba blog ko to eh). Anyway, while walking along Edsa Central I passed by a group of call center agents -I’m not quite sure whether they’re from IBM or Teleperformance though. Then one of the guys exclaimed “miss, miss ako nga pala si…” being the little miss masungit that I am I ignore the guy. Then he says “ay ang sungit naman! Miss may lisensya ba yan? Deadly weapon yan oh!”. Still keeping my cool, I turned the volume of my iPod up, count one to ten then walk away from them. But honestly it could have been a different scenario. I would really want to go back, look straight to his face and say, “oo meron, pang pukpok sa face mo”. But fortunately I didn’t! And I think that the smartest thing to do. And because I do have a license-really! I’m a licensed caregiver! (hep-hep that’s not what you think, syempre may twist) I have a license to Care, to Accept, to Respect and to Emphatize – CARE!

Guys like them, who think that they are God’s gift to women, is not worth my precious time. And a little slap on their face with my stiletto wouldn't hurt that much because their face is as thick as cement. But since accepting people as they are and respecting their individuality is a part of my CARE license, I just let them be. Besides I have no other choice but to pass along that same route every single day so I’m doing myself a favor by being nice and not putting my life at risk. :)

I’m not a saint or the most righteous person on earth. I throw a fit from time to time, have temper tantrums and I can be a hideous monster when hungry. But that doesn’t stop me from caring. It’s who I am. Sometimes I care so much and it hurts but I have no regrets.

I’m licensed to care! I think everybody is too. They just don’t practice it or most probably afraid to use it. Maybe for the reason that it will make them vulnerable to all kinds of pain, maybe they don’t want to get too attached to someone who’s not capable of returning the care their giving. But whatever their reason is, I’m sure sooner they will find a way in their hearts to share the love and care that’s overflowing inside them. After all caring for other people is like giving back the blessing and the unceasing love our Almighty Father .

That’s why I would like to take this opportunity to thank my family and friends and those feeling “pogi” call center agents, I was able to practice what I am licensed for.

Ikaw? May Lisensya ka na ba?




3 comments:

  1. awww!!! is tat the nice pair you got??? i super like!!! how come you did not show them to me yesterday??? haha.. oh well, those the attention-KSP, pathetic guys and they are multilying! gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hanubeh, kulang ng "h" for "that"... and "are" para dun sa "those --- the attention....." ... gah, for me! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one gaye. i hope i could use my license too, hahaha. :-)

    ReplyDelete